The primary focus of this document is to detail the deployment of a BGP EVPN VXLAN solution using ArcOS. The document will also with detail the EVPN routes types and verifying these routes in ArcOS along with covering in-depth the topics of multi-pathing in EVPN VxLAN multi-homed sites, failover and backup route forwarding.
The intended audience is network operators preparing to deploy and operate a BGP EVPN VXLAN overlay services using ArcOS. The content assumes the reader has a good understanding of BGP, EVPN and VXLAN. Configuration commands and verification steps are explained in detail and advanced topics are covered.
BGP EVPN VXLAN Overview
- VXLAN Overview and Operation
- BGP EVPN Overview and Operation
Configuring & Verifying EVPN VXLAN
- Deployment Guide Topology Overview
- Configuring the IP Underlay Topology
- Overlay VXLAN Configuration
- Configuring the BGP EVPN Overlay Peering
- Configuring the BGP EVPN Overlay VRFs
- Understanding & Verifying the BGP EVPN Overlay
- Auto RT and Auto RD Configuration & Verification
- EVPN VXLAN Inter-Op Testing